With the growth of smart technology, podcasting has exploded in popularity. The number of active podcasts and their listeners has skyrocketed, creating more opportunities for businesses to reach their target customers. As Small Business Trends reports, there are 6 major benefits for companies that create podcasts:
- Alternative to video
- Creating an attention grabbing video can be challenging for some businesses, as well as expensive. Since we live in an “on the go” world, it can be more effective to provide audiences with content to listen to rather than watch.
- Audience generation
- There are many opportunities to reach new audiences through podcasting. Podcasting is a great way for interested people to sample your content.
- Build audience relationships
- People form relationships with the podcasts they subscribe to. They want to gain a sense of familiarity and trust from who they’re listening to.
- Easy to create
- Podcasting is a cost effective way to reach your audience. Most equipment is reasonably priced and basic editing software is free.
- Engagement tool
- As previously stated, people want a sense of trust with the podcasters they listen to. Products promoted on air are likely to be purchased by frequent listeners. A survey conducted on 300,000 listeners found that 63% of listeners that responded purchased the products promoted by hosts.
- Improve public speaking skills
- Hosting podcasts allows you to develop confidence in public speaking. Speaking effectively to your target audience helps you to promote your business.
So, what’s the best way of delivering podcasts and other on-demand content to your audience? With a mobile app, of course. And an app that puts you front and center in the connected car ecosystem. More than a third of respondents reported driving while listening, so the car is an important place for your brand to deliver its content.
If you’re currently involved with podcasting, or looking to get involved, make sure to check out the largest gathering of podcasters in the world at Podcast Movement. This year, it takes place in Anaheim, CA from August 23-25. And, if you work in/around radio and would like $100 off your Podcast Movement registration, our sister company, Jacobs Media, was nice enough to provide a discount code. Use JACOBS100 for the $100 discount when you register here.