Recently, jācapps COO Bob Kernen presented a webinar about push notification and how they create powerful engagement with radio listeners. Like any aspect of a mobile app, function needs to support a larger strategy. Push notifications are exactly that – they empower a radio station to connect directly with the audience to drive engagement as well as listening. They are simple and effective, and every mobile app should include them in their app.
Throughout this webinar Kernen talks about the basics of push notifications, best practices, common mistakes and our effective push notifications solution.
Here are some of the key findings you’ll hear on the webinar:
- They increase engagement
- They increase ratings
- They increase revenue
Great uses of push notifications:
- Breaking news
- Event reminders
- Program alerts
- Weather updates
- Coupons and discounts
How push notifications work:
- When a listener clicks on your push notification message they’ll be sent directly to your app or web page for more information, to register for a contest, or to engage with some content, like a podcast or video.
- Push messages are also effective alerting the audience to something coming up on the air (a special guest, a contest, or even a special song) or an event or concert that is about to start.
Why push notifications work:
- They appear on the most important device a listener can have (and sleep with) – their smartphone
- Call to action
The four crucial elements to developing a good push messaging strategy:
- Call to action
Having these four key ingredients will help stations create the most effective and successful push message to radio listeners. Download our webinar to see how each of the ingredients are broken down further to be sure the perfect message is created.
One thing to remember is that you still need to do a little maintenance with your push notifications after you hit “send!” This will help you track and create the best push notifications possible. This deals with the analytics of push notifications. As Kernen states “The objective is to continually improve your messages to improve your results…and it does take time”
One last thing to touch on…our team has built a push notifications solution that truly fits the radio and media industry, here’s why:
- Simple and easy-to-use
- Use topics to target just the right listeners
- Schedule messages in advance
- Analytics package.
Don’t forget to check out Push Notifications 101 Webinar to get the full details on our affordable, easy-to-use push notifications solution!