The tremendous transformation of mobile phones throughout the past 10 years has also transformed consumer behavior. We exist in the age where, not only can we search for a specific product, but narrow down our search based on type, price, location, reviews, etc. It is this very reason that we were excited when our long-time client, Ford, approached us with SHFT.com about developing an app to simplify finding healthier and more thoughtful food while on the road or at home.
Food Tripping is a GPS-based app that shows users great food options near their location with a fun, simple interface that puts the good stuff at your fingertips. With a growing database of eateries, healthy food markets, farmers’ markets, juice joints, artisan ales, microbreweries, organic coffee spots and more, Food Tripping makes it simple to find healthier and more thoughtful food while on the road or at home looking for inspiration. Along with finding these great locations, the app is also designed to help users share their favorite places to eat healthy, track the places they’ve been to, and suggest healthier options for others.
Using the app, users can:
- Discover healthy, sustainable food options near their current location or destination.
- Search by location, name, popularity, and category.
- Share the places they discover with their friends via Facebook, Twitter, and email.
- Suggest new businesses offering healthy, local, sustainable fare.
- Track the places they’ve been to and mark their favorite spots to come back later.
- View contact details for each location.
- Connect with SHFT to learn more about living a more health-conscious lifestyle.
“We are so proud and pleased to have built this app with jacapps and continue to work with them on next iterations. The team makes for a tremendous collaborator and really complimented the creative we set out to execute. Their staff, from the top down, were a pleasure to work with.” – Peter Glatzer, SHFT
It’s important for businesses to think innovatively about how mobile can help them. Unique uses of mobile we’ve executed include reaching consumers directly, or connecting business to business customers, or even apps that facilitate communications among a business’ staff. Whatever the need, we can help you figure out the right application.
To learn more about how mobile apps can benefit your business, reach out to us at 248-353-9030 or firstname.lastname@example.org we love talking mobile!